Looking to Purchase or Sell A Business?
We provide legal advice on all aspects of the Purchase & Sale of a Business.
Buying and selling a commercial business is a complicated process regardless of whether it is for the purchase of a large or small business. Our firm of business acquisition lawyers are committed to protecting your rights and interests as the purchaser or seller of a business in the Province of Ontario.
Purchasing or selling a business can be carried out by either the purchase of assets of a sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation or by way of the purchasing of shares of a corporation. The decision as to which method is appropriate for your needs requires considerable legal expertise, research and investigation. As your business lawyers, we can advise you as to whether purchasing/selling assets or purchasing/selling shares is the right vehicle for you.
Our law firm can guide you through the entire process from start to finish with respect to the purchase or sale of a business. Some of the advice we provide in every transaction is as follows:
- Determining whether to purchase or sell assets or shares
- Drafting and negotiating Asset Purchase Agreements
- Drafting and negotiating Share Purchase Agreements
- Due diligence with respect to business assets and liabilities
- Advising on the purchaser’s corporate structure
- Limiting personal liability for Vendors and Purchasers
- Liability to employees or creditors
- Vendor Indemnities
- Non-Competition Agreements
- Vendor Representations and Warranties
- Transfer of Ontario Liquor Licenses and other licenses
- Bank financing
- HST Elections
- Building, Fire and Health Code matters
- Restaurant and food business liability
- Software licensing and social media transfers
- Assignment and assumption of Commercial Leases
Schedule A Call
For immediate assistance, call Bill Marks directly at 905-712-8300 ext. 222.